Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm baaaaaack!

For those of you who have been wondering, no, I didn't give up. I just needed to refocus and get my old knees looked at. It's funny how easily you forget about your ailments when you sit on your butt for years. It's not like I mysteriously healed by any means, I just wasn't active so my symptoms disappeared. However, as soon as I started working out, they came back full-force and then some to the point I wanted to cry when I was doing my squats, lunges, and even when I had to pull myself up out of my car (my butt is lower than my knees when I get out of the car). No, it's nothing serious, just some good ol' tendinitis. The doc gave me some anti inflammatory pills and said that I need to strengthen my quads. So basically, I have to keep doing the exercises that kill me knees in order to make my knees feel better. It's really a lose-lose situation.

Anyway, next Monday I'll jump back on the wagon with my posts. So far this week (yesterday and today), I've had some relatively healthy meals and did some light exercising. Thursday I'm going to a Yoga class with a co-worker at lunch, so wish me luck. I've never done Yoga but am really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement! I really appreciate those who have asked me why I haven't posted - I appreciate your concern and to know that you're still rooting for me. Here's to a healthy lifestyle - cheers! (Holding up my water bottle to the monitor ... really.... I really did it :) )

1 comment:

  1. lots of ib profen...take before your workout and your anti inflam's after your workout 20 minutes of ice and keep at it. I had to deal with that as well along with shinsplints....you will get better even though it might take several weeks :(---it's just one of things if you want to be healthy and fit you're gonna have to suck it up.

    ReplyDelete