Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 7: Exercise... it does the body good!

Hey guys! What a crazy week it has been! I'm sorry I'm just now posting this. I did NOT forget to weigh myself on Tuesday, but I haven't been able to find the time to update my blog. (I did manage to find time to play Candy Crush though... priorities people!!)

Well, the title of this post is slightly misleading as it wasn't until Tuesday night that I actually really "exercised" aka packed. BUT I did weigh myself the next morning and I'm hoping my results next week are even better based on that little sneak peek I got. I know I'm jumping ahead and had I posted this on time none of this information would be applicable to week 7's post, but alas, it is my blog and I can do what I want. Including run-on sentences! Even just packing our junk in boxes was good exercise. I broke a sweat, I walked a lot, I lifted "weights", and I drank a lot of water. Don't laugh! It's hard work. I also made sure to keep my boxes in my living room so I had to walk to them no matter what room I was packing up.

I packed some more today and helped Brad move stuff to our storage unit. And I sweated a lot more. Ew. However, I feel great! Last week I didn't exercise and I didn't eat great, but I made sure to make some healthier choices when I went out to eat. At Buffalo Wild Wings, I wanted to get a burger topped with a brat, topped with cheese, topped with bacon, but I got a garden party instead which was celery, carrots, flatbread, hummus, and ranch dressing; at Gloria's, I got there a little later than some of my co-workers, so I didn't have as long of a time to snack on chips and black bean dip (YUM!!!), and I ordered a chicken tostada instead of nachos or an enchilada like I normally do; and at Charlie's Grilled Sandwiches, I ordered the chicken teriyaki salad, which was DELICIOUS!! Normally I would get the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with fries. Eating out is still not great, but at least I'm not eating heart attacks.

In a couple of days we will be moving in with my parents who are also exercising and eating healthier, so it will be good accountability and encouragement to be around them.

Here are the results from last week:

Week 7 Results:
Weight: 180.0 lbs
Body Fat: 43.7%
Water: 41.0%
BMI: 30.9 (Obese)

Difference from Week 6:
Weight: - 0.4 lbs
Body Fat: - 0.1%
Water:  0.0%
BMI: - 0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment