Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 6: Stress Eating (Part III)

I'm really hoping next week's title changes. I've been avoiding all of you because I'm embarrassed to post today's (yesterday's) updates. I have hit my "ignore" button on my weekly reminder for this blog numerous times. I even had a coworker get onto me about eating a couple of fun-size chocolate bars yesterday to which I responded, "I'm stress eating, I don't care." Yup. That's me. I don't care. But... I do. If I didn't care, then why am I writing this post? If I didn't care, why do I still want to keep trying? What is it that is causing me to give in so easily???

I did HORRIBLE last week!! Yes, I'm stressed, but I don't have to eat this way. I'm having a really hard time NOT giving into my woes, my stress, my immediate gratification needs (at least at the time I think it's is a "need"), and my lack of self-control. I'm a walking pity party. I also think I have a bit of depression going on right now. I can't begin tell you how much I've been sleeping, how much junk I've been eating, and how much crying I've done in the last week alone. Yes, Brad and I are going through a roller coaster right now with selling our house so quickly, having another house fall through and not being able to find another permanent place to live. However, I'm trying to find comfort in food and self-wallowing. HELLO!! There is my problem. I need to turn my focus away from myself and up to God. He is in control of all things! Philippians 4:6-7 says, "4:6 Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. 4:7 And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." 

Brad and I have family around us that we are able to stay with. Lots of people don't have that luxury. We have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies (a little too much actually :) ), two healthy beautiful children, each other, and most importantly God in our hearts. 

This week I'm going to work on my self-control. I need to put my big-girl pants on and learn to say "no!" I need to start going to bed earlier to start walking again. We're not doing stuff around the house at the moment, so I haven't been getting in much exercise. 

Pray for me. Please!


Week 6 Results:
Weight: 180.4 lbs
Body Fat: 43.8%
Water: 41.0%
BMI: 31.0 (Obese)

Difference from Week 5:
Weight: + 1.6 lbs
Body Fat: + 0.2%
Water: - 0.1 %
BMI: + 0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment