I didn't want to post this yesterday as I didn't want people to think, rightly so, that it was an April Fool's joke. :) I'm back on the horse and am going to do this!! A co-worker of mine told me to write a list of the things I like about being healthy to give me some motivation. Here are my top three things:
1) My relationship with God gets stronger: every night and morning I pray to God asking for His strength to say "yes" to the things I need to do and "no" to the things I should stay away from; I ask Him for help to roll out of bed when what I want to do is sleep; I depend so much more on Him throughout the day than I usually do, which is a reminder to me that I have things SO backwards right now; and I hope to be His light through this by giving Him glory.
2) I like the way I feel: the energy I get, not feeling gross after stuffing my face with food, and the confidence I have from choosing healthy foods.
3) I like the way I look: it's nice when I don't have to push my stomach fat into my gut when I bend over so I can reach my toes; my full-size spare tire starts to go flat; I can confidently wear my cute clothes and not hide behind sweaters, jackets and baggy shirts; and I can FEEL pretty!!
So, per my measurements yesterday, here are my starting numbers:
Body Fat: 44%
BMI: 31.9 (Obese)
My accomplishments so far:
- Yesterday and today, I woke up at 6:00ish and took a 30 min walk. I averaged a 17 minute mile. (I'm not sure if that's good or not for walking).
- I passed up 1/2 price Easter candy even though they had my FAVORITE available, and threw out 1/2 a bottle of Dr. Pepper when I wanted it the most. Those were definitely by the strength of God.
- I've eaten relatively well the last two days.
- I've gone to bed over an hour earlier than usual so I can get enough sleep and wake up more easily in the mornings.