Monday, May 9, 2011

Well Hello There!

Well hello there! It has been a while since I've posted anything: almost a year actually. It's a little embarrassing when a few posts ago I stated I was back on the weight-loss horse again. As some of my friends saw first-hand not only did I get bucked off, but I gained back every ounce I had lost. I only wish I was kidding. However, last fall, a good friend of mine won a gift certificate to Dallas Med Spa for their weight-loss program. She gave it to me because she knew I was trying to lose weight. I'm so blessed!!

I started the 12-week program on November 4 and guess what - my starting weight was exactly the same as it was when I started this blog! Hmmm

As part of the program, I was given a bodybugg to measure my steps and calorie burn, blood work, an EKG, and a brief physical. I met with a nurse each week at which time we went over my progress of the previous week, got my new weight, then she would give me a B-12 shot in my booty and a weekly supply of appetite suppressants and vitamins.

I was supposed to eat 1100 calories and log my food intake, and I had to burn 2100 calories a day. I didn't meet that goal every day, but I definitely cut back on what I ate and started doing some brief exercise. It was shocking how much junk I had been consuming prior to this program! Had I met that goal every day, they estimated that I would have been down to my goal weight by March. ... That didn't happen... HOWEVER, I lost 20 17 pounds on the program!!

The 12 weeks ended at the end of January and I maintained my weight for a couple of months. Brad and I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Challenge and I lost another 5 3 pounds! Over the last week I've gotten a bit off track due to lots of baking and my little sister's wedding on Sunday! AH!! I'll have to weigh in on Wednesday to see if I can recoup my loses or not.

I can't tell you how much better I feel and how much more comfortable I am in my clothes! For those of you who know me, I rarely wear dresses. The last full-length dress I wore was for my wedding over 7 years ago. However, last week alone, I busted out a skirt twice and a full-length summer dress twice! WHAT?!

I still have 35 more pounds to lose, but I've definitely made progress. Thanks for all of your support, encouragement and compliments! More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment