Friday, February 26, 2010

Weight Loss - A Lost Cause?

My initial intent for a blog was to let everyone follow my journey in weight loss in hopes you would keep me accountable and laugh when I stumble. Not that it's a very exciting thing to follow, but my thought process was that perhaps there is someone reading this that is struggling with their weight as well and me laying everything out there for people to read would somehow help them. However, thanks to the cute little girls who sell you cookies this time of year, that weight loss goal has quickly dissipated for the time being. Thanks a LOT Girl Scouts of America!

Not only were you able to entice me to buy one box of cookies, but you started to bat your eyes, smile showing off your cute, youthful, missing-tooth smile, and talk in your oh-so-innocent voice pleading to buy more so that I could help support your troupe (after all, cookie selling is their main source of revenue) and managed to get me to buy eight boxes of them. EIGHT! How in the world did that happen??! I mean, who can pass up the mouth-watering Samoas, the creamy perfection of peanut butter and chocolate in their Tagalongs, and the slightly tangy, but not over-the-top, refreshing Lemon Chalet Cremes? But eight boxes!?! Really?! You little brats!

.... at least that's how it went in my head. In reality, I just wrote my order on the form one of their moms brought to work with no arm twisting involved. I... am... a pig! Ha!


Welcome to my world.... don't get lost!

3 comments:

  1. You do truly live in your own world...considering I'm the mom that plopped the form down on your desktop! However, I did use some "Please support the Girl Scouts" tactics, how could you resist me, really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love you! and thanks for loving my title since I already got a nice comment saying that the third world is not exactly politically correct I guess....its a blog title people, not my stance on developing nations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Yes - that's a perfect title. I think you should block those other people from your blog - what a buzz kill!

    ReplyDelete